Christian Youth In Action®
Christian Youth in Action (CYIA) is a short-term, summer ministry dedicated to the training and development of committed Christians (ages 14 and up) who want to be equipped to reach children for Christ. By completing the training program, you will be certified by Child Evangelism Fellowship to teach children and minister effectively to your neighbors, friends and relatives.
What is involved in the training?
You will receive individual and group instruction from some of the most exciting, enthusiastic, and godly leaders of Child Evangelism Fellowship. These instructors will equip you to teach and counsel boys and girls to receive Christ.
What is the focus of the training?
Your training will be focused on preparing you to teach 5-Day Clubs ® . These are neighborhood Bible clubs for children held in backyards, one hour a day for five consecutive days during the summer. Our summer missionaries (YOU) teach exciting Bible lessons and true-to-life missionary stories. These clubs also include: singing, sharing, memorizing verses, and more fun ways to share the Gospel.
What are the benefits of CYIA?
As a result of summer missionaries teaching God's Word:
- Boys and Girls are reached with the Gospel of Christ.
- Children's lives are changed.
- Your skills will sharpen in the areas of communication, teamwork, endurance, responsibility, and self-confidence.
- Your faith and vision will grow deeper.
- You will build new friendships that can last a lifetime.
- You will build experience for service in your own local church, school or vocation.
Where is the training conducted?
The CYIA training is held at a facility that is well suited for individualized instruction and group learning. Excellent opportunities for sports and recreation are part of the 11-day training event.
What about missionary support?
This is an intern position and you can contact the office for an application.